Attorney at McLario, Helm, Bertling, & Spiegel, S.C., Joseph Helm has been working at our Wisconsin law firm since the early 1980s. During that time, he has accrued extensive knowledge and experience in handling all aspects of estate planning. His up-to-date techniques and dependable service ensure you will not get a better, more comprehensive, and affordable estate plan anywhere else in Southeast Wisconsin.
When it comes to protecting your family, Joseph Helm offers affordability and peace of mind. Estate planning is about the efficient use of your assets; you shouldn’t have to break the bank. Contact Joseph Helm to schedule a free consultation.
Joseph Helm started at McLario, Helm, Bertling, & Spiegel, S.C. as a law clerk in the summer of 1981, while he was attending law school. His educational background includes the following:
- J.D., Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana, 1983
- Law Review: Valparaiso University Law Review, Associate Editor, 1981 – 1983
- B.A., Bob Jones University, Greenville, South Carolina, 1980
- University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh, 1974-75
- University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire, 1973-1974
Throughout his education, Joseph Helm received numerous honors and awards including the following:
- Outstanding Scholastic Achievement Award, 1980 – 1981
- Professor John Bowman Scholarship, 1980 – 1981
- American Jurisprudence Award, 1980 – 1981, 1982-1983
- Marion County (Indiana) Barrister’s Wives Association Scholarship, 1981 – 1982
- Charles L. Vaughan Trial Advocacy Award, 1983
- Who’s Who Among American Law Students, 1982 – 1983
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice Law
Wisconsin estate planning attorney Joseph Helm is admitted to practice law in the following jurisdictions:
- Wisconsin, 1983
- Illinois, 1984 (Inactive)
- Indiana, 1983 (Inactive)
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1983
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1983
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1984
Professional Associations and Bar Association Memberships
Joseph Helm is a proud member of the following associations:
- Wisconsin State, Illinois State Bar & Indiana State Bar
Member Since: 1983
- Past Member: Committee on Alternative Dispute Resolution
- National Civil Liberties Legal Foundation
- Past President of Resolute Systems, Inc.
Involvement with the Milwaukee Metro Community
At McLario, Helm, Bertling, & Spiegel, S.C. it is important for Menomonee Falls attorneys to not only help clients in the courtroom and negotiation table, but also to better the community as a whole.
To serve his community, Joseph Helm has served as the President of the Village of Menomonee Falls. He is currently also a teaching Pastor at Brookside Baptist Church in Brookfield, WI. He also volunteers his time through frequent speaking engagements on estate planning subjects for community groups, financial institutions, and charitable organizations.
Toll free: 1.800.924.4210
Office phone: 262.251.4210