Attorney Joe Helm served the community and the firm as a partner from the early 1980s through October 2021. Although retired, he continues to be of Counsel to the Firm.
Joseph Helm started at McLario, Helm, Bertling, & Spiegel, S.C. as a law clerk in the summer of 1981, while he was attending law school. His educational background includes the following:
- J.D., Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana, 1983
- Law Review: Valparaiso University Law Review, Associate Editor, 1981 – 1983
- B.A., Bob Jones University, Greenville, South Carolina, 1980
- University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh, 1974-75
- University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire, 1973-1974
Throughout his education, Joseph Helm received numerous honors and awards including the following:
- Outstanding Scholastic Achievement Award, 1980 – 1981
- Professor John Bowman Scholarship, 1980 – 1981
- American Jurisprudence Award, 1980 – 1981, 1982-1983
- Marion County (Indiana) Barrister’s Wives Association Scholarship, 1981 – 1982
- Charles L. Vaughan Trial Advocacy Award, 1983
- Who’s Who Among American Law Students, 1982 – 1983
Professional Associations and Bar Association Memberships
Joseph Helm is a proud member of the following associations:
- Wisconsin State, Illinois State Bar & Indiana State Bar
Member Since: 1983
- Past Member: Committee on Alternative Dispute Resolution
- National Civil Liberties Legal Foundation
- Past President of Resolute Systems, Inc.
Involvement with the Milwaukee Metro Community
At McLario, Helm, Bertling, & Spiegel, S.C. it is important for Menomonee Falls attorneys to not only help clients in the courtroom and negotiation table, but also to better the community as a whole.
To serve his community, Joseph Helm has served as the President of the Village of Menomonee Falls. He is currently also a teaching Pastor at Brookside Baptist Church in Brookfield, WI. He also volunteers his time through frequent speaking engagements on estate planning subjects for community groups, financial institutions, and charitable organizations.