Summertime is a fun time to take a break, embark on a road trip, hop a flight, or catch up with long, lost friends.
But summer is not all fun and games. There are certain risks that are higher in the summer, and some can lead to costly legal problems.
4 of the most common summer legal matters and what to do about them should they arise:
According to the CDC, 11 people die from drowning every day in the U.S. The risk is higher during warmer months with increased pool use. Decrease the risk to your family of an accident or liability matter by doing the following:
- Always have an adult actively supervising children while they swim.
- Ensure life jacket and flotation devices are available and used as needed.
- Avoid alcohol while in the water.
- Have a fence and a pool cover.
- Review your Homeowners Association (HOA) bylaws and Homeowners Insurance coverage.
Lighting fireworks can be exciting, but also dangerous. With injuries like burns, eye injuries, and damage to fingers and hands spiking during the summer, you should know how to prevent injury:
- Supervise children when lighting fireworks.
- Never aim fireworks at other people.
- Keep water available in case of fire.
- Douse used fireworks before throwing them away.
If you find yourself dealing with one of these unfortunate situations, WI personal injury attorneys can help you or your loved one injured in a firework injury.
In Wisconsin, the deadliest 100 days on the road are between Memorial Day and Labor Day. You are 2x likely to be involved in a car accident with an impaired driver. Those numbers have risen since the pandemic.
If you are injured in a car accident involving an impaired driver, contact The McLario Firm for experienced legal representation. Our WI personal injury attorneys can get you the compensation you deserved to be back on your feet.
More occupational injuries happen during the summer than other times of the year, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Here are a few common summer work injuries:
- Sprains, Strains, and Tears
- Scrapes and Abrasions
- Punctures or Incisions
If you are injured at work this summer, contact the Wisconsin worker’s compensation attorneys at The McLario Firm. We can ensure you are protected and are provided the compensation and recovery you are entitled to by law.
If you or a loved one are facing legal challenges this summer, contact The McLario Firm to get the experienced legal representation you deserve. Your Law Firm for Life.