On Smile Day, The McLario Firm wants to encourage everyone to wear their best smile. Even when you may be dealing with a stressful and tense situation, wearing a smile can help you get through the situation more successfully. A smile is a sign of happiness and can brighten someone’s day. There are also many health and psychological benefits attached to wearing a smile. So, let’s put on our best smiles and spread some joy!
Power of a Smile
It has been said that a smile is worth a thousand words. Smiling is a straightforward way to show how you feel without saying a word. A smile can express joy, love, appreciation, forgiveness, and more. And the wonderful thing about smiles is that they are contagious – when you see someone smiling, it’s hard not to smile yourself.
Check out these six different ways a smile can affect you.
- Make you feel good. When you smile, your brain releases endorphins, natural painkillers that make you feel happy. Endorphins also help to reduce stress.
- Boost your immune system. When you smile, your immune system gets a boost. This can help you fight off infection and illness.
- Relieve stress. Smiling can help improve your mood even if you don’t necessarily feel happy, which can reduce stress.
- Lower your blood pressure. Smiling can help to lower your blood pressure.
- Burn calories (really!). Smiling uses muscles all over your face, and even in your back and neck. These muscles help to burn calories.
- Make you more attractive to others. Smiling is often seen as a sign of confidence, which can make you more attractive to others.
At the McLario Firm you will always be greeted with a smile and warm welcome. You might even be surprised by how easy working with an attorney can actually be.
Go ahead and smile not just on national smile day, but every day! And who knows, your smile might just spread to those around you, and end up positively impacting someone else’s day.