Losing a loved one is always a heartbreaking, stressful event on your entire family. However, even if there is a will, there may be various disputes during the probate process. You will need to retain an experienced attorney to help you in the estate litigation matters to make things go by more smoothly. In addition, there are certain dos and don’ts you should know about probate litigation.
– There are a number of things you should do when concerning probate litigation. Remember these tips.
– Do consider what may happen as a result of your actions and realize that you might lose out in terms of money if you challenge the will.
– Do think about the consequences of contesting the will and how they will affect your family. You might lose your siblings and your children can lose their beloved cousins.
– Do take the advice of your Wisconsin estate plan attorney.
– Do understand what your chances are of winning and how much money you might receive from the will.
– There are also things you don’t want to do during probate litigation.
– Don’t think too much about what contesting a will may do to your case and simply state the facts.
– Don’t forget to consider options other than contesting the will.
– Don’t throw away good money after bad.
– Don’t automatically think the judge or jury will see things from your perspective and side with you.
– Don’t give up.
It’s important to remember that there may be problems when you have probate litigation that can last for the rest of your life and the lives of all your family members. Always weigh out both the dos and don’ts of the situation and speak with your attorney. McLario Helm Bertling & Spiegel, a firm based in Wisconsin, is there to protect your best interests. Consult with a lawyer immediately to discuss your case by contacting McLario Helm Bertling & Spiegel at your earliest convenience.